In our commitment and approach to accessibility, Pobal is committed to:
- maintaining an accessible website.
- ensuring that this website achieves “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, to comply with the National Disability Authority’s Code of Practice on Accessibility of Public Services and Information Provided by Public Bodies.
- ensuring that all new information on the website will achieve “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- including accessibility when we procure 3rd-party systems or upgrades to existing systems.
- ensuring this website’s ongoing conformance with official accessibility guidelines.
The website currently has AA conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. Our most recent web accessibility audit for this website was on Monday 18 June 2018.
Accessibility features of this website
Using a toggle switch, users can turn the site greyscale removing all colour from text and images. This is convenient for users with visual impairments such as colour blindness. This feature will disable colours that make a display more difficult to see, and can make reading menus and viewing images more detailed for certain users.
Using a toggle switch, users can make site colours highly contrasting. This setting benefits users with low vision and or other visual impairments and will invert the web page background and text colours.
Using a scale of three ‘A’s site users can make text larger or smaller to suit their individual reading needs. This makes the site more flexible and allows the user to take control to apply their own viewing preferences.
How to send feedback on this website’s accessibility
We welcome feedback on the accessibility of this website.