Please note that applications have now closed.
The Minister for Rural and Community Development is seeking to appoint six suitably qualified candidates to the Board of Pobal. The Minister seeks to create a diverse Board with a broad range of relevant skills and experience.
Pobal administers and manages Government and EU funding to address disadvantage and support social inclusion. Our work supports communities and local agencies towards achieving social inclusion and development. We work in the areas of social inclusion, early learning and care, local and community development, peace and reconciliation, equality, labour market supports, and education and training.
Who should apply?
Interested parties should have significant professional experience in community development with a substantive knowledge and understanding of the community and voluntary sector.
Candidates must demonstrate in their application evidence of extensive experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Significant professional experience in community development in a rural or urban context
- Has operated at an appropriately senior level role which directs and contributes to organisational and strategic development
- Has a substantive knowledge and understanding of the community and voluntary sector
- Substantive knowledge and personal/professional experience of equality, social inclusion and social disadvantage
- Financial management, audit and accountancy
- Public policy and administration experience at a senior level
- Has substantive knowledge of Early Learning and Care (ELC) and School Age Childcare (SAC)
- Experience which would demonstrate relevant knowledge of the Local Authority sector/Local and Community Development Sector
- Experience which would demonstrate implementation of successful change management initiatives
- Board membership in the non-profit, public or private sectors
- Board or Committee Chairing experience
- Audit and Risk Committee experience
- Strategic and corporate knowledge of Pobal
How to apply?
Further details and an information booklet is available on the Department of Rural and Community Development website.
Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Thursday, 28 October 2021.