As part of the Dormant Accounts Fund (DAF) Action Plan for 2020, the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection are inviting applications from community and voluntary organisations who wish to support and improve the employment opportunities for Family Carers, including Young Carers and Persons with a Disability.
The purpose of this funding is to:
- Assist Family Carers and Young Carers to build and retain contact with the labour market (incl. self-employment opportunities) and training/educational opportunities.
- Assist young working age persons with a disability(s) to engage with the labour market (incl. self-employment opportunities) and training/educational opportunities.
Applicants can apply for a grant of:
- €75,000 up to €200,000 for a national organisation
- €20,000 up to €50,000 for a local organisation
The amount of funding awarded will be dependent on the quality of the application and the number of applications to the programme. It may vary from the amount applied for.
Funding is divided into three measures as follows:
- Measure 1: Access to Employment (incl. self-employment) and Training/Education Supports for Family Carers.
- Measure 2: Initiatives to Support and Develop Young Carers.
- Measure 3: Access to Employment (incl. self-employment) for Persons with a Disability. The priority target group for this measure are people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deafened, blind or have a visual impairment.
Eligible organisations may submit one application per measure.
Pobal is administrating this grant funding on behalf of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
Application deadline has been extended until Wednesday 7th October at 3pm. Please see application information here.