How to Apply to DAF
KickStart Fund (Round 2)
The KickStart Fund is now closed.
The KickStart Fund, supported by the Dormant Accounts Fund and the Probation Service is now open for applications from social enterprises.
An event to support applicants with the application process will be held in Tullamore on Thursday, 6th of February. Attendance is limited to 2 people per organisation. To register for this event, please click here. The event will include speakers representing the Irish Prison and Probation Services and social enterprises who support people with a criminal conviction to access the labour market. Please find more details in the event agenda in the Resources section below.
The KickStart Fund has two strands:
- Strand 1: Feasibility Study/Market Research
- Strand 2: Start-up, Development and Job Creation Fund
Due to the limited amount of funding available social enterprises may submit one application form only, i.e. you can only submit an application for funding under Strand 1 or Strand 2. You cannot apply under both strands.
The deadline for receipt of completed application forms and supporting documents is Thursday 20th February 2020 at 3pm.
While ICT technical support is available until the closing date and time, due to the volume of calls Pobal cannot guarantee that technical queries received less than 48 hours in advance of the submission deadline will be resolved in time to submit your application successfully. Please ensure that you register on the portal as soon as possible and test that you can upload the documents required.
Application Forms and the Application Guidelines are available below.
The Application Guidelines will be updated to include “Frequently Asked Questions” as the application process progresses. Please check back on this page for the Application Guidelines with the updated FAQs.
Completed application forms and supporting documents will only be accepted online via the DAF 2 Portal.
Guidelines on how to register on the DAF 2 Portal are available in the ‘Feasibility & Job Creation Registration Guide’ documents in the Resources Section below.
Contact details for IASIO are available on request from Pobal.
- KickStart Frequently Asked Questions 217.32 KBLast Updated 12th February 2020
- Agenda for KickStart Support Event 326.12 KBLast Updated 29th January 2020
- Application form - Feasibility or Market Research 238.08 KBLast Updated 20th January 2020
- Application form - Startup, Development, Job Creation 267.74 KBLast Updated 20th January 2020
- Feasibilty and Job Creation Registration Guide Final 486.81 KBLast Updated 20th January 2020
- KickStart Fund Application Guidelines 813.16 KBLast Updated 20th January 2020
- VAT Not Recoverable Template 60.97 KBLast Updated 20th January 2020