Gateway is an activation initiative of the Department of Social Protection, launched in 2013 and managed through City and County Councils. Gateway provides short-term work placements for people who are unemployed, while at the same time carrying out beneficial work within communities.
The Gateway Programme supports the Department in its efforts to provide people who are unemployed with the opportunity of short-term work placements.
- Improve the employability and work readiness of participants by providing them with opportunities to put work skills into practice and to learn new ones.
- Provide prospective employers with evidence that a participant has the necessary skills and abilities to do the job.
- Boost the participants’ motivation and confidence.
- Provide participants with a work reference at the end of the placement.
- Support the development and delivery of community services.
Pobal provides participant payroll services to City and County Councils. We also provide information systems that manage data about the programme, its participants and their work.
- Gateway Programme Evaluation Report 2013 - 2018 1.28 MBLast Updated 13th October 2021
- Gateway Rules and Conditions 294.81 KBLast Updated 12th June 2018
- Payroll Services Online System Handbook 4.71 MBLast Updated 12th June 2018