Voluntary Childcare Organisations (VCOs)
Voluntary Childcare Organisations (VCOs) represent the interests of, and provide support services to early education and childcare service providers and parents nationwide.
Voluntary Childcare Organisations (VCOs) work collaboratively to provide support to over 4,400 early education and childcare service providers.
Pobal administer funding to VCOs on behalf of the Department of Children Equality Disability Integration and Youth (DCEDIY), overseeing the work of the VCOs and providing development supports.
Pobal undertake audit and verification visits to VCOs to ensure the investment by the DCEDIY is appropriately accounted for.
The following VCOs are currently funded by the DCEDIY;
- Childminding Ireland National Childminding Association of Ireland
- Early Childhood Ireland (ECI)
- Irish Steiner Kindergarten Association
- National Childhood Network
- National Parents Council
- St. Nicholas Montessori Teachers Association/ Society of Ireland (SNMSI)
The type of supports VCOs provide their members and parents include;
- Professional development training, information and mentoring on quality practice
- Guidance on the DCEDIY national childcare funding programmes ( e.g. ECCE, CCS/P, TEC)
- Informing policy to improve quality standards in the early years sector
- Contact details for Voluntary Childcare Organisations 327.65 KBLast Updated 18th June 2018